udev module is screwed up

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 2 07:55:20 CEST 2010

> I have tried at least 20 times to get it to build but lunar keeps
> telling me:
>
> Building udev version 160
> PROBLEM: udev detected incompatible kernel options.
> Please verify that CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED is disabled,
> and that CONFIG_INOTIFY and CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER
> are enabled.

I noted this on http://wiki.lunar-linux.org/index.php/User_talk:Engelsman:
"In February 2010, with the 2.6.32.8 kernel, updating udev from 141 to 151
 caught me out. I don't remember the exact wording, but udev-151 requires
 that SYSFS_DEPRECATED is disabled in the kernel configuration. Finding
 SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2 in the kernel didn't take long, but it took a lot
 longer to track down that GFS_FS also needed to be disabled..."

I don't know if this still applies because I've reinstalled now using
the 1.6.5-beta and -rc1 ISOs where this is pre-configured.

Does this help?

Duncan / engelsman