nfs-util NFSv4 module

Guillaume sirocco at gmx.fr
Wed Sep 23 21:50:03 CEST 2009

Hi,

I decided to have a look at NFS and after reading docs I decided to go with NFSv4.
I've spend quite many time trying to configure NFSv4 with the nfs-utils included in the moonbase and ... it failed ;)
Indeed the BUILD file contains the following parameter : --disable-nfsv4.

I think it should be great to warn user when such "powerfull" parameters are hardcoded in MODULES ;)

If some of you are interrested by NFSv4 you can use enclosed MODULES:
	- nfs-utils (replace existing module)
	- libnfsidmap (new module)

I've updated nfs-utils from 1.1.4 to 1.2.0 and my BUILD script is quite different from existing one.
I didn't realised "lvu submit" because init.d scripts included in my module only works for NFSv4.
As NFSv3 is not compatible with NFSv4 I wouldn't create a mess.

Bye,

Guillaume