Problem upgrading postgresql

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 17 03:03:09 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 20:36:34 Richard Pyne wrote:
> I currently have postgresql version 8.3.0 installed and when I run a lunar
> update I get the message "A pre 8.3 version of the database was found. You
> need to upgrade the data format to 8.3. Refer to the INSTALL file located
> in the tarball for the upgrade procedure. The install will not continue."
>
> --Richard

If you have any data in your current PG database AND have followed their
migration procedures. Then you can delete;

/var/lib/pgsql/data/PG_VERSION

Else if it is a empty database just delete that file and reinstall.

--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.

http://www.lunar-linux.org/
It's worth a spin.