Module submission - boost-build

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Sep 18 19:51:58 CEST 2007

effingoose at hotmail.com wrote:
> module name       : boost-build
> suggested section : devel
> update (y/n)      : n
> bugfix (y/n)      : n
> security (y/n)    : n
>

> Ryan Hodge

> lvu submit boost-build 2a2ed0e1479c8b8e1be8c449720aadf0  -
> 2.6.22.6 2.6.12 gcc-4.1.2 glibc-2.3.6

what's it for?

Auke

PS: I think boost is the biggest abomination in existance, far outperforming WX
when it comes to usability per byte. While WX actually manages to to do something
correctly (I have a few applications that actually *work* with it), boost
seems to occupy well over a gigabit of space on my disk and I still cannot get
e.g. miro to build. If I could kill boost out of existance I would certainly
attempt to do so. Both Wx and Boost-using projects are the *worst* ones out there.