gcc 4.2.0

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Sun May 27 17:07:35 CEST 2007

On Sunday 27 May 2007 10:41:58 am Florin Braescu wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
>   I have added today a module to the moonbase for the 4.2.0 version of gcc.
> I managed to rebuild mostly all the modules in my system with it and i can
> say it works just great (599 modules installed on my system compile with
> it). There is need to be further tested and revised by the team from now as
> i use only a part of the modules from the moonbase. I use on my system the
> 2.5 version of glibc and the 2.6.21.3 version of the kernel. The modules
> which didn't compiled yet with this version of gcc are : wormux, SDL_ttf
> (due to a problem regarding freetype2 module), toycars, ClanLib, avifile
> and exscalibar.
>
>   Florin

That's nice but could you fix perl+that gcc-4.2.0 patch or tell me how to get
around;

Wdeclaration-after-statement -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -fno-stack-protector -O2  -Wall
 <dveatch> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fno-stack-protector"
make: *** [regcomp.o] Error
++ Mark Compile stop   : "perl" "5.8.8" "Sun May 27 14:56:02 UTC 2007"

--
Dennis
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.

http://www.lunar-linux.org/
It's worth the spin.