maintaining modules

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Fri May 4 13:19:36 CEST 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 06:54:48 am Ian Armstrong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Lunar Linux, and I would like to learn how to maintain
> modules.
> For example, maradns which I would like to use.
>
> Could someone point me to the guidelines.
>
> Thanks,
> Ian Armstrong

I'm guessing you want to update its version. The first step as a user would be
from the cli, issue ;

lunar set ZLOCAL_OVERRIDES on

You'll want that because any modules you have
in /var/lib/lunar/moonbase/zlocal are retained when you do a lunar update or
lin moonbase.

Now the easy way to get maradns in zlocal is to issue;

lvu edit maradns

At this point hack away. When you have made the changes and *thoroughly*
tested them and confident they are ready you can just email the patch to this
mail list.

If you have exim or some other mailer on the box, simply issue;

lvu submit maradns

At that point one of the devs will review/test your patch and update moonbase.

--
Dennis
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.

http://www.lunar-linux.org/
It's worth the spin.