binutils 2.17

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Thu Mar 22 14:38:58 CET 2007

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 07:04:47AM +0100, Jean Michel Bruenn wrote:
> Hello ;-)
>
> > This means something like that. However i don't have the correct
> > locations of the patch files. Can you fill them in please.
> >
> > Florin
>
> Let's wait for an answer from sofar, maybe he and others are against
> such patches.
>
> "Kok, Auke" <sofar at foo-projects.org> wrote:
> > please include (here, on this list) why we should do so. Are they
> > important? required? fixes???
> >

> For people who can't simply open their favorite browser:

Speaking of people that can't seem to open a browser or be bothered to
read the svn logs of moonbase, Binutils-2.17 does NOT compile glibc-2.3.6
which is the current glibc in moonbase. How hard is that for you people to
understand.

Bumping binutils-2.17 in moonbase will break many lunar boxes that are still
using glibc-2.3.6. Will you stop with this noise.

Terry Chan