Module submission - bungmeter

Chad 'v3rt1g0' Kittel v3rt1g0 at lunar-linux.org
Sun Mar 18 18:54:31 CET 2007

Duncan,

On 3/18/07, Duncan Gibson <duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > Didn't we just experience the great-purge of gtk+ applications?  I
> > don't think we have intentions of adding more.  I could be wrong, but
> > I'm thinking this will not make it into the moonbase.
>
> Oops! You are right! I'm in a twisty maze of g-modules, all alike.
>
> I've just lrm'd glib and gtk+ and rebuilt it with glib-2 and gtk+-2
> so just change the DEPENDS and it'll still have a chance, no?

Yeah, it would have a chance, however, I just tried it.  It compiled
just fine, but when I ran it, I was presented with the following:

chadk at bishop ~ $ bungmeter eth1
Segmentation fault

Not sure what to make of that, but I'm not willing to put it in the
moonbase _myself_ until the application will actually start for me.
If _someone else_ puts it in the moonbase, I will not argue.

Also, for your information in the future, we try to keep the DEPENDS
file clear of unnecessary depends, so for example in your gtk+ and
glib case, you should have only listed gtk+ as gtk+ already depends on
glib.  With the corrected depends the only line in the DEPENDS file
needed would be 'depends  gtk+-2'

Cheers.

--
  _