Upcoming: update gcc to 4.1.2 in moonbase, gcc3 module for fallback

Jean Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Thu Mar 15 08:41:10 CET 2007

> You probably are best off not doing anything except recompiling the gcc module.

ACK

> Nothing should break with the upgrade. There is no need to recompile modules.

nACK, i think it would be better to recompile some 'base'-applications (the core of the system) to have a 'clean' working environment for further compiles.

but.. you're the boss :p

> New compiles *may* be affected. If you spot one, then let us know.

I can offer some patches for tools. Due to my work on the hardened lunar (i'm using gcc 4.1.2 there) i have some patches collected so that compiling with gcc4 is working.

> Auke

Jean