bootmisc update: setfont/consolechars codepage support added - please review

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Wed Mar 7 22:28:51 CET 2007

Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Wednesday 07 of March 2007 17:01:52 Kok, Auke wrote:
>> Go ahead and commit the change to the bootmisc file.
>>
>> Auke
>
> I have to postpone commit. Just noticed that placing setfont at bootmisc
> changes codepage for 1st console only (however the font is changed for all).
> Very strange. Google tells me that the only way to have codepage working for
> all consoles is to place setfont to /etc/profile. I remebmer about
> keeping /etc/profile script clean so have to find other workaroud.
> The more strange thing is that only few characters are missing on consoles 2-6
> (missing 8 characters from 18 required).
> Resetting console by using echo -e \\033c does nothing. It is just the same as
> clear.

ok, I'm not in favour of modifying /etc/bashrc but for /etc/profile this rule is
a bit less strict - some of the code in /etc/bootmisc might *have* to move to
/etc/profile.

If you can't solve this in /etc/profile.d/ or /etc/init.d/bootmisc, please post
a patch for /etc/profile for us to review.

Auke