bootmisc update: setfont/consolechars codepage support added - please review

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed Mar 7 21:44:48 CET 2007

Wednesday 07 of March 2007 17:01:52 Kok, Auke wrote:
> Go ahead and commit the change to the bootmisc file.
>
> Auke

I have to postpone commit. Just noticed that placing setfont at bootmisc
changes codepage for 1st console only (however the font is changed for all).
Very strange. Google tells me that the only way to have codepage working for
all consoles is to place setfont to /etc/profile. I remebmer about
keeping /etc/profile script clean so have to find other workaroud.
The more strange thing is that only few characters are missing on consoles 2-6
(missing 8 characters from 18 required).
Resetting console by using echo -e \\033c does nothing. It is just the same as
clear.

zbiggy