RFC: removal of gtk+ and gnome-1.x from moonbase

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Sun Mar 4 23:51:43 CET 2007

copeland1936 at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Auke,
> Correction on my previous message.  OpenOffice2.1.0 requires gnomevfs-2 not
> gnome-vfs.  Still removal of old gnome stuff is a good idea.

it seems to be a general idea that gnome1 is ready for removal, but gtk+ and a
few applications are not.

This moves the discussion to the next 2 points:

1) we'll start to remove gnome-1 from moonbase, unless crucial arguments against
it are brought up

2) we need a list of gtk+-1.2 apps that *can* be removed without any objections.

Thus, please list the apps in the depends-gtk+ list attached that should be
*retained* according to you, and we can proceed with removing the others.

Auke