lvu submit changed - now uses HTTP POST to deliver patch

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 17 21:20:01 CEST 2007

> I have rewritten the `lvu submit` code to use curl and pass the data
> through a HTTP POST method back to the lunar-developers. This means
> that you no longer have to setup sendmail to use lvu submit. Neither
> do you have to be subscribed to the lunar mailinglists.
> I am currently working on a quick-n-dirty method to quickly review the
> submitted patches from the server, but basically this should be fairly
> easy since we're passing entire patch files to the server at submit
> time, so I encourage everyone to use lvu submit more.

Auke, do you envisage some gateway to the mailing lists so that other
users can see/discuss submissions, and not just the devs? With the old
submission system, other users could use the new/updated modules in their
zlocals even if the devs didn't accept the submission. Although we will
probably never know whether this actually happened in practice.

And will there be automatic 'accepted' or 'rejected' emails to the
original submitter? I really appreciate the 'Thank you' messages from
Florin and Dennis because they let me know that I can remove my zlocal
copy when I next update my moonbase. And it's a big kick :-)

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman