lvu submit changed - now uses HTTP POST to deliver patch

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Sun Jun 10 23:34:14 CEST 2007

All,

I have rewritten the `lvu submit` code to use curl and pass the data through a
HTTP POST method back to the lunar-developers. This means that you no longer
have to setup sendmail to use lvu submit. Neither do you have to be subscribed
to the lunar mailinglists.

Running lvu submit now looks a bit more like a svn/cvs commit: it asks you to
enter a simple changelog message and then sends the data. You should instantly
see whether the send succeeded or not.

lvu submit now holds some extra checking and requires you to set the ADMIN value
properly so we can at least track your e-mail when you send a patch. There is
some extended security builtin to the system that will only allow you to post
fro myour lunar system as well to prevent spam on the server.

I am currently working on a quick-n-dirty method to quickly review the submitted
patches from the server, but basically this should be fairly easy since we're
passing entire patch files to the server at submit time, so I encourage everyone
to use lvu submit more.

For now, to use the new lvu submit, you *have* to have "theedge" installed.

Cheers,

Auke