suggestion

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Jun 2 21:14:13 CEST 2007

Saturday 02 of June 2007 18:50:14 Jean-Michel Brünn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just a feature suggestion, maybe it would be good
> to have lunar removing old not needed linux-kernel
> directories.
>
> For example not more than three.
>
> root at xilop /usr/src # ls
> linux-2.6.18	linux-2.6.19	linux-2.6.20
> linux-2.6.21.3 linux	linux-2.6.19.1	linux-2.6.20.1
>
> you could store in a little file "KINSTALLED_A=XYZ" where a is a
> number and xyz the kernel version - now you would check if there are
> more than 3 kernels installed with lunar - delete the files of the
> OLDEST one.
>
> how about something like this?

I'm for. The number of kept kernels should be setable by user, but default 3
is right. I for example use only 2 kernels in transition time till I make
sure the last is fully working. Then I delete everything older than current
one. Having cleanup script would be more comfortable for newbies who probably
wonder what eats free space after some lunar update.

zbiggy