ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Thu Jul 19 22:01:21 CEST 2007

Wednesday 18 of July 2007 18:23:21 Richard Pyne wrote:
> The 8.38.6 driver appears to work with Xorg 7.2 on my ATI Mobility Radeon
> X1400 (Dell Inspiron 9400) with only a couple of caveats. It even
> correctly detects my 1440x900 wide screen.

You might be interested, ati 8.39.4 is out today:
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.39.4.html
*The kernel module build no longer fails on kernel version 2.6.22.
*Starting AMD CCC-LE no longer fails with a floating-point exception when
started in certain configurations.
*When playing videos in I420 color format using the Xv extension and
TexturedVideo (the default on R5xx), colors are no longer displayed
incorrectly.
*Running aticonfig --initial in X with the Vesa driver no longer segfaults
resulting in the xorg.conf file not being available.

Zbigniew