linux-2.6 module: Choose SLAB allocator endless loop

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 11 13:25:46 CEST 2007

> Someone tried kernel 2.6.22(.1) (linux-2.6 module) and ended up with:
> "Choose SLAB allocator
>> 1. SLAB (SLAB)
>   2. SLUB (Unqueued Allocator) (SLUB) (NEW)"
> endless loop flying thru the screen?
> Just would like to know if this is global bug or it is just my machine
> only.

I ran "lunar update" last night and picked up the latest linux-2.6(.22)
but I always say Yes to configure the kernel, even though I just exit
immediately from the "make menuconfig" screens. Otherwise the update
runs "make oldconfig" and that can give the endless input loop problem
that you describe. IIRC, it can also loop on processor type selection.

OK, so the update is blocked until I hit exit in "make menuconfig" but
I expect that. In fact, if there are a lot of modules that need updating,
then I'll edit the update queue to remove the kernel and redo it later.

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman