problem on installing and fixing modules.

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Fri Feb 9 20:44:52 CET 2007

Edd Budulea wrote:
> Hi, i have a problem when i install a module.
> When i install a module in the install log there are
> files from the build directory.
> for instance when i install libvorbis i get files
> like:
> /usr/src/libvorbis-1.1.2/lib/.libs/libvorbisenc.so.2.0.2
> in my install log and when i try lunar fix it will
> find libvorbis broken.

try updating your lunar/theedge and recompile, then check if the problem is
still there. This is kind of strange. what other files in /usr/src show up in
the install log??

> I know it is not a problem with this module because
> just about any module that i install now have some
> files in /usr/src.
> I may have made something wrong when i've installed
> gcc4 and uninstall gcc and symlink the gcc4 so that i
> have a compile environment with gcc4 and rebuild all
> modules.

the current gcc4 module is kind of problematic. you probably need to resurrect
the gcc module, delete the CONFLICTS from the gcc4 module folder, and then
re-lin gcc4 for it to work

> Any help will be appreciate.
>
> On another topic. Can I go from a ia32 environment to
> a x86_64, without reinstalling from cd?
> Thanks.

no. absolutely impossible. Our x86_64 doesn't support 32-bit libs yet either.