Lunar, I18N, and You.

Jon South striker at lunar-linux.org
Fri Feb 2 21:19:14 CET 2007

I've been pondering I18N (internationalization) with Lunar for a while
and have been probing its possibilities. I've recently come across a way
to implement it within lunar, and bring you the first glimpse
(screenshot) of Lunar utilities in a german locale:

http://striker.interhact.net/images/lnet-german.png

Bear in mind this wasn't very easy, and if we decide to go along with
it, may take some time to get out to the masses. There are still some
hurdles to overcome in the "implementation" department, but I hope to
have them worked out soon.

If anyone has any questions or comments about this, please let me know.
Not all of Lunar will be translated, in fact, I know that it will be
very difficult to implement translations for the moonbase, so I dont see
this happening too soon unless someone has some ideas on implemetation.