hosed by lunar update

Richard Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Thu Dec 27 08:44:24 CET 2007

Well, I finally got through my lunar update, but now I am completely hosed
in getting X to work. I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 with the ATI Radeon
X1400 video card that has been using the fglrx driver. Well, the existing
driver will no longer load because of a module ABI major version mismatch,
The newest version in moonbase (8.42.3) doesn't support the 2.6.23 kernel,
and it won't build under the 2.6.22.1 kernel.

Any suggestions on how I can get X to run will be greatly appreciated.

--Richard