hal broken

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Wed Dec 26 19:30:42 CET 2007

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:11:28 -0700
"Richard Pyne" <rpyne at kinfolk.org> wrote:

> Since I have never touched the optimizations in the belief that the
> defaults should be safe, no, I haven't looked at them.

The defaults aren't enough for the current glibc anylonger. Besides,
gcc might have been upgraded in the process .. and we do not do
compiler flag migration .. thus leaving the newer gcc without any
optimization settings (Bug?)

> Running lunar update is exactly what I was trying to do when I
> started running in to these problems since I _had_ a couple of days
> off work and with KDE, it takes a couple of days to update. This
> machine (my laptop) was a new install about five months ago.

Yeah, we have a fuckup in our dependency managed that you encountered
since you updated kernel-headers manually. Anyway, once glibc is done
you should be all set.

Regards,

Moritz