Recent adobe flash plugin update warning: konqueror freezer, opera troubles

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed Dec 5 14:51:50 CET 2007

Wednesday 05 of December 2007 07:14:18 Stefan Wold wrote:
> So for the moment I think it will confuse people if we add another
> flash-plugin, people should put some pressure on konqueror to get a fix
> out for this.

I'm not very much convinced that leaving flash-broken konqueror in Lunar may
have any motivating impact on KDE developers. If implementing 9,0,48 flash
module is going to introduce mess I will not do this.

BTW: I was not going to add new module. I planned to reuse already present
flash-plugin module (which is not usable now due to broken download url), and
add it as required dependency to KDE so if 9,0,115 flash would be detected an
user would be forced to remove it in favour of 9,0,48 flash plugin which is
known to be compatible with all popular web browsers. (I know that by
downgrading the flash hw video acceleration would be lost this way but I
think it is more important to reslove crashing than adding new cool features)

If someone needs non-crashing konqueror with flash let me know so I will
return to implementing 9,0,48 flash module idea.

zbiggy