glibc 2.6

Florin Braescu florin at lunar-linux.org
Mon Aug 6 21:13:40 CEST 2007

On Friday 03 August 2007 15:01:36 Christian Riggenbach wrote:
> i just tried gcc 4.2.1 and wonder that it won't compile. i found out, that
> with glibc 2.6 it does. so i ask: is there a reason to stay on glibc 2.3.6?
>
> i don't encounter any problems with glibc 2.6, but i don't specialy tested
> it, just compile about 10 programs.

  Unfortunately, at least on my system, glibc 2.6 or 2.6.1 does not compile.
The gcc 4.2.1 is the main compiler i use here and works like a charm (with
the glibc 2.5 module mentioned by Zbiggy. I've tried to find patches for
glibc 2.6.x but no success until now. gcc 4.2.1 + glibc 2.5 is a stable
solution instead (i've rebuilded all my apps with it).

  Florin