some problems when upgrading

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Apr 26 16:38:09 CEST 2007

Edd Budulea wrote:
> For future reference.
> After I've done a Linux-PAM upgrade i was unable to
> login login again (pam_stack has vanished), funny
> thing was that even after a shadow relin (that used to
> work) I was in the same situation. Then I remember,
> after 2 hours, that maybe shadow have not remove some
> config files and overwrite files from /etc/pam.d with
> /var/lib/lunar/moonbase/security/shadow/pam.d.
> I want to mention that I've never touch the /etc/pam.d
> files in my life on that computer.

older iso's had a problem that can cause this. you may still not be safe for
future updates. The very best way to fix this is to do:

rm /etc/pam.d/* ; lin -c Linux-PAM shadow openssh

and include any other application that installed pam.d files.

Only this may prevent another issue in the future.

Auke