1.6.2-i686 alpha ISO announcement

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 12 20:26:40 CEST 2007

Moe wrote:
> The goal is the provide a single ISO that can install a system using
> three different targets: plain, X, X+Xfce. Its still a long way to
> go .. but we'll get there eventually. So no worries .. the plain "old"
> ISO style is not going to get lost.

When I compare how much effort it took me to install the new 1.6.2a ISO
compared to the 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 ISOs[*], it is clear that Lunar is coming
on in leaps and bounds. And being able to have X up and running straight
out of the box to allow convenient multi-tasking during installation is
a major improvement. Well done to the team for all their hard work!

[*] See http://wiki.lunar-linux.org/index.php/User_Reports:Engelsman

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman