lftp 3.4.6 build breaks, lftp 3.4.5 builds fine.

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Tue May 2 01:24:12 UTC 2006

> Take a look at the diff from the two versions,  see what changed
> around that the definitions for those classes.
>
> i'm away from my lunar box at the moment, so i can't really try myself
>
> Steve

Yep. I found it. This part of code is poorly written. It will break if there
is no any crypto available (gnutls or openssl).  The lftp will break by
default if there is no gnutls installed before. lftp can  be successfuly
built without gnutls if openssl is installed and enabled with --with-openssl
option. openssl support in lftp is disabled by default.

How to fix in lunar:

1. Add gnutls to lftp DEPENDS file
or
2. BUILD lftp script with ./configure --with-openssl and add openssl to lftp
DEPENDS file
or
3. make script for lftp module which will check if gnutls or openssl modules
are installed otherwise ask which one to install as dependency.

Wrong ways:
1. Rewrite lftp code (ugly hack)
2. ./configure --without-gnutls --without-openssl (breaks because lftp
requires crypto for build process)

Choose the best way for lunar. In my opinion the 3rd one looks the best.
As a temporary solution I built lftp in this way:
lin --opts '--with-openssl' lftp

greetings,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski