Module submission - linux_logo

Remco Lubbers remco at web-adept.nl
Fri Mar 10 19:57:55 UTC 2006

Op Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:32:43 +0000 schreef sofar:

>  On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:04:31 +0100, Remco Lubbers <remco at web-adept.nl> wrote:

>  > Citeren sofar <sofar at foo-projects.org>:

>  >> * removed choice to display logo on login (edit the
>  >> profile.d/linux_logo.orc to disable)
>  >
>  > Why? I found that rather handy or is there something perticular I
>  > overlooked
>  > against asking whether or not one want's to run it every login?
>
>  it now works the same as 'fortune' - display on startup by default.
>  It's rather simple and keeps the module small - I like small modules
>  that don't ask me lots of questions ;^)

hmm, ok. I don't think this one question will do any harm, since one is
to answer it once unless explicitly instructed otherwise. And I think
could be nice to have it reinstalled and not have it run on every
login, just in case one doesn't know where to look to get rid of that.
Someone might want to use it for something else....

>  >> * install the conf file without adding an extra file to the module.
>  >
>  > I'm not too much into ASCII art. i do wonder why you install the conf file
>  > with logo 2 as a default, which is a FreeBSD devil....
>  > I choose the GNU/Linux-logo-with-penguin since that is what we are
>  > using...
>
>  on my box where I just had downloaded the latest 4.13 tarball I got the "mandriva" logo - searching for the one I assume you wanted I found that it was moved to #2. very strange... which logo do you get if you reinstall it?

I've installed it on about 12 boxes now with this module, some of them
didn't have linux_logo installed at all, and all of them have
2=BSD-devel, 14 is GNU/Linux without all the characters in the
ascii-art..... :-?

Remco