GNAT module

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Sun Jan 29 18:22:18 UTC 2006

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 05:00:24 +0100, Simon Brenner <simon.brenner at home.se> wrote:
> Hi lunar devs!
> Which brings us to the questions:
> * Is it possible to add conditionals to the DETAILS file so that the
> extra SOURCE* variables are only set when the ada language is selected?

no - modifications to the environment are not kept after the CONFIGURE script
exits, thus extra SOURCE_* variables are lost. Neither can you use DEPENDS
to do this.

> * The question about integration is still left - to actually use the
> compiler in its new location (I've set it to install into
> /opt/lunar/gnat/ - I guess the gcc4 module would install into
> /opt/lunar/gcc/4) - you have to modify your PATH, setting the new bin
> directory as the first path and your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find the new
> dynamic libraries. In the future, it might be nice to add gcc4 as an
> option to the gcc2/3 compiler choice too.

I'm looking forward to seeing a gcc4 module actually to replace the current
gcc (3.4) module in moonbase. This would be definately material for the
zbeta section - but please, make gnat a separate module if possible -
the binary part makes it architecture dependent, something we hate to
make part of normal(important) modules.

Auke