Old modules

Jean Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Fri Aug 25 10:31:17 UTC 2006

Dear Lunar-List,
Dear Lunar-Developers,

i've seen, that there are over 800 old modules in moonbase (Updated 2000-2004). Here you'll find a list:

	http://www.ip-minds.de/oldmodules.txt

I tried yesterday to update some of this modules - but most of them aren't really maintained, have no mirrors, or aren't really useful.

So my question:

Whats about a special maillinglist like lunar-old-modules where some ppl can try update this list, and discuss about old and unuseful modules?

As an example - On this list, we would discuss "do we want module xyz, it's from 2000 and has no downloadable version, and isn't maintained from official sides" - If we think we don't need it, we would write a mail to the normal Maillinglist, asking who is using or needing it, if there's no one, we would write a mail to the developers list to remove this module from moonbase - If there's someone using it, we could save this module on one of the lunar mirrors (if there are no downloadable versions).

And we would do this only for 'old and broken' modules to keep the moonbase 'fresh'.

I mean, we would keep old modules if they aren't broken. But it could be a help to have a seperate maillinglist for this, like a seperate team doing updates for 'old' modules.

Greetings
Jean Michel Bruenn