Module submission - NVIDIA

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Aug 24 20:29:20 UTC 2006

Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
>> New driver for my favourite gfx chip:
>> * Added support for X.Org 7.1.
>> * Added support for XVideo with the Composite X extension when using X.Org
>> 7.1 * Improved interaction with newer Linux kernels.
>
> How about updating lunar to XOrg 7.1?
> ATI and Nvidia both supports XOrg 7.1 in their proprietary drivers.

that's a relatively new thing. XOrg7 had it's problems and we want to siff out
the install/upgrade problems before we upgrade XOrg7 to 7.1 (there are still
dependency problems unless someone fixed the MESA-GL stuff to be included by
default).

Once this is sorted out I have no objections against Making XOrg7 point to 7.1
and even replacing XOrg.

so the order is:

1) fix dependencies missing in XOrg7
  1b) move XOrg7 out of zbeta to X11 (or into it's own master folder)
2) obsolete XOrg (6.x), rename XOrg7 to XOrg
3) update to 7.1

> If someone would like to work on XOrg 7.1 module I can help. Just let me know.

start working on getting (1) fixed. that's the first problem. FYI you can
test/fix this by taking an uninstalled machine, installing lunar-1.6.0 on it,
doing a full update, and then trying stuff like `lin gtk+-2` or even `lin
xscreensaver`, which pulls in GL dependencies. You should not see a single
error during these compiles.

Cheers,

Auke