Module submission - NVIDIA

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Thu Aug 24 19:53:46 UTC 2006

> New driver for my favourite gfx chip:
> * Added support for X.Org 7.1.
> * Added support for XVideo with the Composite X extension when using X.Org
> 7.1 * Improved interaction with newer Linux kernels.

How about updating lunar to XOrg 7.1?
ATI and Nvidia both supports XOrg 7.1 in their proprietary drivers.
The rest of chips are supported by open drivers inside XOrg package.
For example present Xorg 6.9.0 which is now in XOrg-test module could be moved
to XOrg module replacing outdated XOrg 6.8.2. XOrg 7.1 could be in XOrg-test
module now. I think other distros will now add XOrg 7.1 to packages because
Nvidia was last blocker after ATI released 7.1 compatible driver.

If someone would like to work on XOrg 7.1 module I can help. Just let me know.

greetings,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski