Google summer of code

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Wed Apr 19 06:42:18 UTC 2006

Davide "M3xican" Coppola wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago is started the second "Google Summer of Code",
> I suppose that everybody here know it, however the official website is:
>
> http://code.google.com/soc/
>
> I would suggest to propose Lunar Linux as Mentoring Organization,
> so to improve the current distro and to raise some money.
>
> I'm sure that core developers have a lot of ideas in mind to improve LL,
> so we could discuss here several project proposal (if sofar is interested
> and agreed).

I would be willing to help out but I won't be a driving force behind this.
This is basically what I offered to the Xfce team too and they got rejected
for participating by google.

right now I'm not very positive about google. google does this for google, not
for the open source projects, otherwise they would be named sourceforge.

If anyone wants to pull this then please discuss this on the lunar-dev
mailinglist, where we can make decisions. For now, I think it's not worth the
effort, and I'd rather concentrate on supporting Xfce with their 4.4 release,
and starting up an x86_64 port.

Auke