problem when compiling sdl

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed Sep 28 10:06:45 UTC 2005

>zbiggy,
>
>Perhaps adding the ability to lunar to allow for module specific
>optimizations would be a fulfilling task.

This is interesting, good idea. How long this algorithm process gcc options?
(I did not run this app yet)
I remember I used genetic algorithm at Academy to calculate financial, stock
data. Pentium3 was really hogged with this task for some time. Compilation of
modules takes time, adding lenghty genetic calculations before can make users
mad.

>Acovea ( http://www.coyotegulch.com/products/acovea/ ) support might be cool.
>
>my suggestion is to have the moonbase contain a set of optimizations for
>those special modules.

This is very small group of modules. Compilation break is usually connected
with custom options or processor specific architecture. AFAIR xine-lib
refused to compile till I removed athlon-xp and special instructions support
(-msse etc.). This is public secret that AthlonXP misses a few sse opcodes
and full compability is available since Athlon64.

The less time consuming would be adding compability warning notice, based on
user reports, displayed when compilation failed suggesting what options can
block compilation.

>stable and fast   fast as in should work on most systems, stable is it will
>work on all from that platform.   The options can also be stored in /etc for
>custom options.

>hardkrash

greets, 8-)
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski