lin -r

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Sep 2 22:11:30 UTC 2005

Couannette wrote:
> Couannette a écrit :
>
>>Hi
>>
>>when I do lin -r I expect lin to reconfigure my module.
>>I've done lin -r and said no to one optional dependency BUT lin didn't removed
>>this dep from the cached list of depends... So I can't really reconfigure my module.
>>
>>Request for comment...
>>
>>Couannette
>

> Following this:
>
> root at eana /var/lib/lunar/moonbase/zlocal/fortune # lin -r -c fortune
> + Reconfiguring "fortune"
> + removing all depends for and optional on "fortune"
> fortune: Install the "offensive" cookies distributed with fortune? [n]
> fortune: Install & use optional (not yet installed) module recode
>           dependency - purpose: ?  [n]
> + adding "optional" depends for "fortune" on "recode" (off)
> + Spawning download manager
> + download queue: recode  fortune
> + starting lin "fortune"
> Checking dependencies for fortune
> WARNING: hd2u conflicts with module recode
> recode: Do you want to remove module hd2u ?  [n]
> ERROR: Cannot continue installing conflicting modules, exiting!
>
> Request for comment ;)....

Couanette,

You're running with a developers moonbase: this requires the following
to get new dependencies working:

1) the svn tree of moonbase is outside /var/lib/lunar/moonbase
2) after modification of a DEPENDS file you rebuild the depends.cache
manually, either by calling the `lsh create_depends_cache` file or
issuing a `lin moonbase` (should always work).

sofar