1.6.0-i686 alpha1 announcement

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Fri Nov 18 19:21:01 UTC 2005

[apologies for the double post - I barfed the Subject: completely]

Hi all!

I have just released the first official RC for the 1.6 series of the
lunar installation iso. This new series of ISO's is the same line as the
1.5.x series ISO's, but based completely upon 2.6.x kernels and udev.

WARNING:

The first officially released ISO in this series is an -alpha marked
ISO. There are important reasons for this. You should be aware that this
ISO might not work at all on your system, and we remember you to file
any bug you have seen in the bug tracker (A 1.6.0 alpha target has been
added) and check if the bug was not previously filed already.

This release includes kernel 2.6.14.1 and contains 3 variants of that
on the ISO that are precompiled for convenience. The ISO has been
extensively tested on generic ATA systems but not on SCSI-based systems,
so we welcome anyone to test this ISO on that platform. Although all scsi
drivers and components are available (some as module, some builtin) udev
handles things differently and this is exactly what needs to be tested now.

The usual ISO notes apply: please read the README on the ISO itself and
any applicable manual.

This ISO is about the same size as the 1.5.x series: 260mb compressed.

ISO:
http://download.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.6.0-i686-alpha1.iso.bz2

MD5SUMS:
http://download.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.6.0-i686-alpha1.iso.bz2.md5