Thanks

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at lunar-linux.org
Sun May 22 11:29:55 UTC 2005

elaine wrote:

>Zbiggy, ok a few thoughts on your requests/comments
>
>Take this as a personal veiw, I'm not an active dev and haven't
>been in more than a year.
>
>First, it is questionable whether modules even qualify as copyrighted
>works. Copyright specifically excludes 'listings of ingredients or
>contents'. That is a pretty good description of most modules.

This was one of my first thoughts as well. I don't think individual
modules are copyrightable (is that a word?), except, as you say, complex
build scripts.

How about adding a comment to contributed modules:

# contributed by: name <email>
# date: ...

A contributor can add copyright statements to relevant build scripts in
the same manner, as is done for any kind of source code.

# Copyright 2005 name <email>
# this fancy build script is licenced under the GNU GPL version 2

Or something to that effect,

    Jasper