Thanks

Zbigniew Łuszpiński zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat May 21 22:57:12 UTC 2005

Hi!

Thanks for importing 2 (of 7 sent by me) modules to lunar in May. Thanks also
for importing the -freorder-blocks patch I sent earlier. I would be very
grateful if you stop removing my name and/or e-mail address from pieces of
work I send.

The name of the author and his e-mail address is very important part of source
code or modules. It allows users to contact directly author if they have some
questions or bug reports. Thanks to this forums or bugreports are not junked
and other people are not bothered. The reaction is also faster because the
e-mails are read more often than forum messages.

Everything I do for lunar is made in free time as a kind of hobby. I only have
satisfaction, nothing more. Making my work anonymous you are simply
demotivating me and make me sad.

Please remember about copyrights. If something is free in using/copying etc.
does not mean that nobody make it.

I can not understand why removing author's address or name, e.g. the
maintainer address in modules is to help development, it should not be
removed - this is not obstacle. I can not understand why it takes so long
importing new modules to moonbase. Everything I sent was complete and
working, posted in form expected by developers.

I see that many modules in lunar are made by anonymous people. I browse
Internet looking for updates and could drop a mail to maintainer if I have
known maintainer's e-mail address usually displayed by lvu maintainer
<module> command.

Please do not flame this post. I try to improve things which look wrong in my
opinion. If there is special reason for anonymizing lunar tell me because now
I have no idea.

greetings,
zbiggy