lvu installed problem

Remco Lubbers remsys at linux-adept.nl
Wed May 18 20:48:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005 06:52:00 -0600, Richard Pyne said:

> Last night I ran out of space on /var during a lunar update. To
>  get some space, I cleared out /var/cache/lunar. Now lunar
>  doesn't think I have anything installed. Even after re-linning
>  some modules (like moonbase and theedge with all of its
>  dependencies, lvu installed is still empty.
>
>  Any ideas on what I need to do to get it to at least recognize
>  the things I re-lin?

I had exactly the same thing during an update yesterday :(
Making a larger partition and copying all the files didn't do the
trick, since some /var/*/lunar/ dirs were busy (and stayed so). So I
did some backup-restoring and another 'lunar rebuild' did do a lot of
rebuilding due to missing files, but after that things seem fine :D

Remco