I surrender

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Sat May 7 13:15:25 UTC 2005

On Saturday 07 May 2005 09:03 am, Remco Lubbers wrote:
> On Fri, 6 May 2005 19:22:20 -0400, Dennis Veatch said:
> > On Friday 06 May 2005 07:15 pm, Paul Norton wrote:
> >  > On 5/6/05, Remco Lubbers <remsys at linux-adept.nl> wrote:
> >  > > Guys!
> >  > >
> >  > > I have been following this thread and I feel I have something to add
> >  > > (constructively ;-)...
> >  >
> >  > I'm not sure why you think it's ok to run a small distro that has
> >  > about 5 developers working on it.. whereas debian has hundreds and it
> >  > much more stable for a workstation (I think Lunar is perfect for a
> >  > server as long as the admin knows what he's doing).
> >
> >  Well, I dunno. Lunar works just fine for me as a desktop. But then I
> > guess you mean as a workstation as in having access to http, ftp,
> > openlap, etal? Frankly I don't see all that much difference between the
> > two.
>
> Me neither. Although I think of a workstation as a system being used
> professionally and a desktop is more of a hobby-machine (what we call
> in Dutch: a house-garden-and-kitchen-machine ;-).
>
> Remco

By and large I consider a desktop/workstation to be the same. With the prior
not necessarily having a network connection. I suppose pendantic types would
argue over that but well.

The only real draw back I can see using Lunar in a production environment is
the compile times. Even then I don't see where that's something that cannot
be worked around. After all you, sofar and I'm sure others use it there.