recode vs hd2u

Chad Kittel v3rt1g0 at lunar-linux.org
Thu Mar 17 14:49:21 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:10:11 -0700
Richard Pyne <rpyne at kinfolk.org> wrote:

Hi Richard,

On 3/15/05 sofar added some dos2unix and unix2dos scripts to the recode
Lunar module.  The dos2unix script is the same name (and is installed
to the same place) that hd2u's dos2unix EOL converter is.  I don't
quite know the thought behind adding those scripts to the recode module
(his cvs commit message was "Adding these std tools").  I was the one
that added the CONFLICTS until something happens so that there is no
longer a name clash.  I honestly don't know why recode should be the
provider of dos2unix when hd2u does quite a nice job, sofar thoughts?

-- Chad K.