Why it takes so long to include modules in moonbase

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Mon Jun 6 11:54:20 UTC 2005

Zbigniew Łuszpiński wrote:

>>Mostly because I am the person who does the openpgp stuff in lunar.
>>

>I was only talking in general. There are other modules in queue not connected
>to openpgp in any way. I was worried that modules I sent was lost in
>cyberspace (have problems with postfix and lvu submit  - had to use KMail and
>copy -paste). But sofar told me they are in queue and everything is all
>right. I'm sure devels will put them into moonbase when they find some time.
>You know, modules I sent are in general for fun (audio, video etc.) so have
>low priority. I use them at home and lin them from zlocal, if anybody need to
>use these modules I can send them as e-mail attachment.
>

>>I have been out of town with my father who had a stroke over three weeks
>>ago. So lunar fell to a low point of stuff to take care of....
>>

>Everything will be O.K with your father. You will see.

I'd like to add some stuff to this for information. There are several
issues we have right now with user submissions that make it very time
consuming to process incoming submissions.

1) the submission format is broken. The created 'diff' somehow doesn't
work correctly when used with the 'patch' command. This makes testing
the changes/new modules cumbersome and time consuming

2) we don't have a proper way of handling/storing/queueing updates. This
needs to be fixed before we can properly mass-handle submissions

basically we need workable ideas on how to manage submissions. Ideas are
welcome.

sofar