gphoto2 and readline

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Jun 1 09:07:10 UTC 2005

Dennis Veatch wrote:

>On Tuesday 31 May 2005 11:41 pm, Terry Chan wrote:
>

>>Combreloc and Reduce are NOT safe optimizations, but then you knew that.
>>If you have compiled your entire lunar box with those options then you will
>>find more errors like the one you just described with gphoto2 and readline.
>>
>>Terry Chan
>>

>Yer right. Forgot about those two. Odd though, gphoto2 is the only thing I've
>encountered so far that bombed so badly.
>
>Recompiled it without those and it werkey werkey.

Additional information that "Reduce" is not safe: I just had to disable
it and recompile Samba in order to get smbclient to work (same errors).
It seems that Reduce indeed causes this and this is also why the option
is NOT available when you turn on SAFE optimizations. Please keep this
in mind at all time ;^)

sofar