Why it takes so long to include modules in moonbase

Zbigniew Łuszpiński zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed Jun 1 04:17:21 UTC 2005

elaine at fwsystems.com wrote:
> Zbiggy,
>
> How about please not formatting your list-mails?

I neither format mail nor use HTML. This is raw text. Sometimes use newline
character (via return key) as you do. My e-mail client does word warp if line
is longer than 78 characters but this is expected Internet Standard. In last
post, in a source I found =20 and =3D. I will try to investigate why this
tags appear. It looks it is connected with wrapping line.

BTW Sorry for such bugs:
-The internal caption I made was UPDATED=3D20050516 and=20
+The internal caption I made was UPDATED=20050516 and

-Now, in moonbase the internal caption is UPDATED=3D20050525
+Now, in moonbase the internal caption is UPDATED=20050525

> It's pretty stock / standard that software developer lists prefer
> flat text email, no HTML and no extra formatting.
> Your emails to this list, aside from content are all mime-attachments, no
> body and as such are a pita to read for at least some of the likely readers.

Mime-attachments are created by OpenPGP when e-mail is signed. The signature
appears only as attachment in M$ Outlook Express software. M$ breaks every
standard which is not created by M$. In linux mail clients OpenPGP signature
is decoded correctly and do not appears at all as attachment - instead there
is information that message is signed, signature is correct so message was
not changed by someone else. Few other people on this list use OpenPGP
digital signature to sign e-mails so I also use it. Change e-mail client from
M$ one to linux one to enable signature decoding/verification or tell
everybody to stop sending signed e-mails so I will stop doing it also.

> As to you question, obviously it takes some time to get to, I rather
> expect the devs to do stuff when they can get to it, with priority
> (e.g. say security fixes) problems going first.

Yes I know and understand. But there is few other source based distros. Making
lunar development fast it could be No.1 in the World. I personally think it
is No.1 but other people must be convinced by fresh and large modules number.

P.S If you send something to mail list do not send CC: to me. I'm subscribed
to lunar mail list.

BTW Nice to meet you elaine :-) When I was young I also was playing in frikin
bozo  - this is so childish game. We was making funny things on webpages
comment tags at beginning later in x86 asm with friends. But now I and my
friedns grow up and do not play in such games. If you want I can continue
this game X-elaine. Oh boy I'm too old for doing this... CU next e-mail.

greets,
zbiggy