udev bugfix

Jaime Buffery nestu at espresso.foo-projects.org
Thu Jul 7 14:02:16 UTC 2005

Hello, zbiggy!

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 02:49:27PM +0200, Zbigniew ?uszpi?ski wrote:
> I uploaded 2 patches to svn:
> patch1 - original patch which I sent before
> patch2 - patch which meets nestu's requirements (uses 49 than 50)
>
> Decide which one of these patches is better. The patch2 does some clean up for
> people who installed my previous patch. Only one of these patches can be used
> at once. Both does the same. And remember dead devices will wake up after
> reboot.
>
> In my opinion patch1 is better than patch2 because it only adds hotplug if
> there is none available. It do not looks dirty because it only adds support
> for devices - nothing is removed.

First of all I would like to thank you for your eagerness to help. It is very
appreaciated ;)

In second place, I hate to say that the fix you are proposing still doesn't fit
what we think should be done. As I said in my previous mail, we must not, under
any circunstances, touch any other file that is not 49's rules. As you can see
by my commit, we stick to this.

BTW, if I hadn't been offline for a couple of hours due to an ISP problem, you
would have seen the changes a bit earlier, since florin and I tested the fix
this morning, about 7 hours ago. I did a little more work after, as I stripped
the udev initscript too. Sorry about that.

> greets,
> Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski

Thanks again,
nestu ;)