udev bugfix

Zbigniew Łuszpiński zbiggy at o2.pl
Thu Jul 7 12:49:27 UTC 2005

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 04:01:53PM +0300, Florin Braescu wrote:
> >   Patch tested and committed to the moonbase. Sorry for the delay, but
> > i'm very busy these days. Thank you for it.
> >
> >   Florin
>
> Sorry, but I have decided to revert the commit temporally. My reason is
> simple: 50's rules are not our file, since we've got 49 for that. We must
> by no means add to user file, if it already exists. Problems could be:
> a ) Untrackable change in the future.
> b ) Overriding a user's own conf.
>
> Having said that, I have nothing against the extras dir. The fix is just
> dirty, IMHO.
>
> Ciao,
> nestu ;)

I uploaded 2 patches to svn:
patch1 - original patch which I sent before
patch2 - patch which meets nestu's requirements (uses 49 than 50)

Decide which one of these patches is better. The patch2 does some clean up for
people who installed my previous patch. Only one of these patches can be used
at once. Both does the same. And remember dead devices will wake up after
reboot.

In my opinion patch1 is better than patch2 because it only adds hotplug if
there is none available. It do not looks dirty because it only adds support
for devices - nothing is removed.

greets,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski