udev bugfix

Jaime Buffery nestu at espresso.foo-projects.org
Mon Jul 4 20:15:47 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 06:49:37PM +0200, Zbigniew ?uszpi?ski wrote:
> Hi!
Hello,

> I have just uploaded to svn new udev-60.patch which fixes bug in udev
> configuration of hotplug devices (e.g. USB modems). Without this patch
> udev-059 and later versions will not allow to autoconfigure or autoupload
> firmware to such devices making them useless.
>
> So if some of your hotplug devices do not work after updating to udev-059 or
> udev-60 recently, this patch is for you.
>
> I made it for my SpeedTouch 330 ADSL USB modem, but this patch is universal
> and work with other hotplug hardware (not only modems).
Can you explain this a little more or point to where you got information for
this, please? To sign off the module, I need a little more info.

> For those who do not have access to svn I included patch which will update
> udev to 060 version and enable hotplug. If udev-60 is already installed, edit
> this patch and remove everything below  ) > $C_FIFO 2>&1 line and then patch
> udev.
If the patch needs some previous editing, then I would say the patch is missing
something, right?

Personally, I find this double submission of the patch a little weird. I would
have waited for it to get into moonbase...

> greets,
> Zbigniew 'zbiggy' ?uszpi?ski

TIA,
nestu ;)