udev bugfix

Zbigniew Łuszpiński zbiggy at o2.pl
Mon Jul 4 16:49:37 UTC 2005

Hi!

I have just uploaded to svn new udev-60.patch which fixes bug in udev
configuration of hotplug devices (e.g. USB modems). Without this patch
udev-059 and later versions will not allow to autoconfigure or autoupload
firmware to such devices making them useless.

So if some of your hotplug devices do not work after updating to udev-059 or
udev-60 recently, this patch is for you.

I made it for my SpeedTouch 330 ADSL USB modem, but this patch is universal
and work with other hotplug hardware (not only modems).

For those who do not have access to svn I included patch which will update
udev to 060 version and enable hotplug. If udev-60 is already installed, edit
this patch and remove everything below  ) > $C_FIFO 2>&1 line and then patch
udev.

greets,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Łuszpiński