pwc module

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Jan 21 08:43:01 UTC 2005

Couannette wrote:

>The way I like kernel module to install !

errr, okay

Here's my viewpoint on this. Although it's nice to add new functionality
to your kernel and this module patches your current kernel sources
correctly, it would become unportable/unmaintainable if you even add
only one other module to your moonbase that does this very same trick.

We (as in distro maintainers) are better off with:

1) people writing kernel modules that can be compiled outside the kernel
tree (alsa-driver, hostap-driver etc etc)

2) a patchset that we can possibly include to the proper kernel (for
instance, linux-2.4-agr)

anyway I hope your webcam works nicely now ;^)

sofar