Modules: amarok fix, kdenetwork3 fix, fxload, if2a, VisualBoyAdvance, jigloo

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Thu Jan 13 22:33:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:18:28 +0100
Alexandre Courbot <gnurou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are a few modules for moonbase:
>
> - Slight fix on amarok. Can I also suggest it goes into kde3-apps (as
> does kaffeine, for instance)?

Hm .. did you have a look at the module I commited earlier?
Your 'fixed' module pretty much looks like the one I exported into the
moonbase ;-)

http://lunar-linux.org/?q=cvs&rep=moonbase&path=audio/amarok

^^^ Just a pointer ..

I put it into the 'audio' section because it seemed to be an audio
related and doesn't have a 'k' in front of it's name. Though you might
be right. Other opinions?

> - kdenetwork3 now asks for libidn if not installed (required for
> Jabber support with kopete)

florin to the rescue!

> and a few new modules (suggested location in parentheses):
>
> - fxload is a small tool to program EZUSB microcontroller chips
> (moonbase/devel) - if2a is a flasher program for the Flash2Advance GBA
> flasher (moonbase/devel) - VisualBoyAdvance is a GBA emulator
> (moonbase/games) - jigloo is a GUI editor for eclipse
> (moonbase/eclipse)

Woah .. nice. I'm going to have a look at them tomorrow.

> One question too: are there restrictions on the licences of the
> software to be included? Can we make bundles to proprietary software?
> (acroread comes to mind)

Yes indeed. Any modules submitted should be under the GPL or an
equivalent license. There are some exceptions (i.e. java). Though there
is a site for non-free lunar modules at:

http://lunar-linux.interhact.net

> I guess I'm going to ask for a developer account soon, since I'm
> interested in adding/maintaining more modules.  I just wanted to
> submit a few ones before to make sure I won't be doing things wrong.

mmmhm .. we'll be having a chat about it .. I'm sure :-)

> Thanks,
> Alex.

Regards,

Moritz