relinning readlne

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Wed Jan 5 15:11:27 UTC 2005

If you bothered to read the POST_INSTALL script, you would see the code responsible
for recompiling all the modules that depend on readline.  Many programs link to
readline statically and must be recompiled when readline changes.  Other programs
simply break when readline versions change and they have not been recompiled.

There is no simple way to tell which ones will break or not, so code was added
to determine if the readline version numbers change then a recompile is called
for.

And you get what you deserve for relining readline without it being called from
a lunar renew or lunar update.

Terry Chan